Crown & Bridges
Crown & Bridges
Crown is a ‘cap’ or cover placed over a tooth to restore its natural shape and function. It is also placed to protect a weakened tooth from damage.
Bridges are artificial teeth that are fixed to your teeth to replace one or more missing teeth.
When Do I Need a Crown?
- Your tooth is weakened eg. after root canal treatment
- Your tooth needs a large filling but there is too little tooth structure to support the filling
- You have a cracked tooth
- Your teeth are severely worn down
- You want a natural appearance for your poorly-shaped or discoloured tooth
When Do I Need A Bridge?
- You have one or more missing teeth
- You have difficulty in eating
- You are concerned of your teeth appearance after a tooth is lost
How Do Crowns And Bridges Benefit Me?
What To Expect When Getting Crowns Or Bridges Done?
The procedure usually requires 2 visits.
During the first visit, our dentists will shape your tooth, take an impression and place a temporary crown or bridge to cover the tooth.
Another appointment will be scheduled to place the permanent crown or bridge when it is ready.
No. Crowns and bridges last for an average of 5 to 15 years, depending on your oral hygiene, lifestyle and habits. You may need a replacement if there are signs of wear.
Before the treatment begins, your tooth will be numbed if necessary. Rest assured that our dentists will make sure the entire process is painless.
Yes, we offer crowns and bridges made from various types of materials. During your visit, our dentists will advise the type of crowns or bridges that best suits your condition.
At Dental Home, we are equipped with advanced technology that allows you to have your crown or bridge placed as soon as the next day of your first visit.
Yes, there is a chance that your tooth can decay under a crown or bridge. If it occurs, the crown or bridge needs to be removed and the tooth will be treated accordingly.